Alumna Profile: Christina Tran, Summer Scholar '12

"I realized that
          I could thrive..."
Christina Tran
Summer Scholar '12, Johns Hopkins University
Stanford University Class of 2017




High School: Papillion-La Vista High School (Nebraska)
Summer Program: Johns Hopkins University
Favorite Class: Introduction to Neuroscience
College: Stanford University Class of 2017 with a full scholarship as a Quest Scholar and a $20,000 Horatio Alger National Scholarship


I remember sprinting to class every morning, and I would barge into Professor Hendry’s classroom panting. At first, I was overwhelmed by the college experience: the heavy course load, and the diverse students who all had the same determination as me. However, as the weeks passed and I slowly settled into life on a college campus, I realized that I could thrive. My Joyce Ivy experience gave me the confidence to apply to prestigious schools, and opened my eyes to schools outside of the Midwest. A summer program is the perfect way to test how you will be able to adjust to major changes in the future, and I strongly advise other young women to apply for this wonderful opportunity. 



Applications for the 2013 Summer Scholars program are available online and due March 15.
Support opportunities for talented young women like Christina.



Comments