Alumna Profile: Anne Gentry, Summer Scholar '10


      "I realized that
             there was a whole world 
    of opportunities..."

                           Anne Gentry 
Summer Scholar '10, Brown University
Brown University Class of 2015 
          

                                                             

High School: Alpena High School (Michigan)
Summer Program: Brown University
Favorite Class: Survey of Art History
College: Brown University Class of 2015
 

I am currently in my sophomore year at Brown University, studying Comparative Literature with English, French, and Italian. Being a Joyce Ivy Summer Scholar gave me the confidence that I could thrive – and bring my own unique story and experiences – to a challenging, diverse university such as Brown. Before Summer at Brown, I had never considered, or even imagined, that I was the type of student that could attend an Ivy League university. After attending the summer program, and with the support of the Joyce Ivy Foundation, my horizon was expanded, and I realized that there was a whole world of opportunities. That world – challenging and exciting – was one that I wanted to be a part of, that I wanted to learn in, that I wanted to grow in.


Applications for the 2013 Summer Scholars program are available online and due March 15.
Support opportunities for talented young women like Anne.

Comments