Fellow Profile: Mira Sanghvi, JIF '14


Hi! My name is Mira Sanghvi, and I am a senior at Northville High School. I am really involved in DECA, a competitive business organization, and Students without Borders (a partner to Doctors without Borders). I love both economics and service, and I hope to mesh the two into a career one day! I also long to live in a big city. Perhaps New York City or Chicago? Only time will tell.

Last March, I received a generous merit scholarship from the Joyce Ivy Foundation to attend Brown University for the summer of 2014. Although I ended up spending my summer at a financial services internship at State Farm Insurance, the Joyce Ivy Foundation still made an impact on me. After attending the Joyce Ivy College Admissions Symposium and Joyce Ivy Gala last May, I began to deeply regard the Joyce Ivy mission. The symposium gave me a greater insight into the world of competitive college admissions, and I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to attend. The Joyce Ivy Summer Scholars Gala the night of the symposium was also loads of fun as I got to meet other girls from around the state and country who shared the similar goals for the future as myself.

I am so thrilled to be a Joyce Ivy Fellow! I appreciated the hard work and dedication that gets put into running this amazing organization, and I am so excited to be a part of the foundation. I look forward to working with all the other wonderful Joyce Ivy fellows. It is going to be a great year!

Comments