Fellow Profile: Krishaun Burns, JIF '14

Hi guys!

There are three things that you should know about me:  I’m a blogger, I’m sixteen, and my hometown is Detroit, Michigan.  Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty, otherwise known as a more detailed introduction of myself.  My name is Krishaun Burns, and, as previously mentioned, I am from Detroit; well, I suppose I can say Farmington Hills now because that’s where I moved to about a year ago with my family.  At this time, I am a junior at Renaissance High School. I’m a member of Key Club, Yearbook, and Fashion Club.  Outside of school, I blog (created in 2012), volunteer at Dearborn Animal Shelter, discover new music, take pictures, watch Netflix, and read.

My affiliation with Joyce Ivy is one that I will always be grateful for.  Not only did it award me the opportunity to attend Stanford as a visiting undergraduate, but it also allowed me a chance to stretch my comfort zone, meet new people, gain a realistic (first hand) perspective of what college is actually like, and acquire enough confidence in myself to know that I can succeed at whatever I put my mind to.  Despite how cliché that all sounds, it’s what I took away from being a JIF scholar.  It’s also why I am beyond ready and excited to be a Joyce Ivy Fellow! I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with others, helping to prepare for the upcoming group of Joyce Ivy scholars, and engaging with all of the other Fellows!

Comments