Fellow Friday: Emma Philip


Intro To Fellows: Emma Philip

Name: Emma Philip

Hometown: Gaylord, MI

Current high school: Gaylord High School


Potential Major: Political Science


Summer program: Barnard Summer in the City

.

Courses taken at summer program: Religions of NY, Journalism and Politics in the Digital Age


Why did she choose her summer program?

I chose my summer program because the idea of studying and exploring in New York City sounded like a summer out of a dream.

What is her favorite memory from her summer program?

My favorite memory from Summer in the City is from the very last night of classes - my friends and I ate gelato on the Highline and watched the sun set over Manhattan. It really cemented the lasting friendships I made this summer.

Why did she decide to become a Fellow?

I decided to become a Fellow in order to share the Joyce Ivy Foundation with others in my community and around the Midwest.


Contact Emma at this email address for any questions!

ephilip299@gmail.com

Comments