Lucy Clark Dougherty of GM Named 2013 Leader of the Year

Lucy Clark Dougherty, Vice President and General Counsel of General Motors North America, has been announced as the 2013 Joyce Ivy Foundation Leader of the Year.

Ms. Clark Dougherty is a native of Michigan (Metamora, pop. 8,500) and a graduate of Yale University. She also holds a Master's Degree from the University of Virginia and a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School.

"The example of hard work and integrity found in my rural Michigan hometown, coupled with a first-rate education, has proved invaluable to me professionally and personally," Ms. Clark Dougherty said. "In my life, challenge has found me – be it terminal illness of a family member or tragic political events – and the habits formed during my education of tough-minded thought, hard work, and focused performance have allowed me to take professional risks, to serve my community, and to provide for my family. My education was a unique privilege and I'm honored to be recognized by a group trying to promote this same opportunity for future generations."

Ms. Clark Dougherty will be honored at the 8th annual Joyce Ivy Foundation Summer Scholars Gala Dinner on May 11 in Ypsilanti, Michigan, where she will address the group of 2013 Summer Scholars. The theme of the 2013 dinner program, and 2013 Joyce Ivy College Admissions Symposium, is "Expanding Horizons."

Read more about Ms. Clark Dougherty and the 2013 Leader of the Year announcement.

Comments