Fellow Profile: Amber Heard, JIF '14

Hello! My name is Amber Heard and I am a 2014 Summer Scholar Alumnae as well as a 2014-2015 Joyce Ivy Fellow. A Southern belle at heart, I was born in Georgia, lived in Kentucky for 12 years, and I have been living in Ohio for 5 years. I am currently a senior at Fairfield Senior High School in Fairfield, Ohio where I am President of Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) and Business Professionals of America (BPA) chapters. The Joyce Ivy Foundation provided me with a scholarship to attend Harvard University’s Secondary School Program in the summer of 2014 where I studied Intro to Biomedical Ethics and Law and Psychology. I met all sorts of people from around the world and made friends for a lifetime. This experience contributed to my growth as a confident and driven young lady and I am grateful to the Joyce Ivy Foundation for expounding upon my potential. It also provided me with an idea of my ideal school; what I am passionate about; in addition to what career path I would want pursue after graduation. After high school, I plan to pursue a degree in International Business with a minor in Political Science or International Relations. The Joyce Ivy Foundation introduced me to various opportunities and encouraged me to utilize all available resources. As a Joyce Ivy Fellow, I hope to inspire other young women in the Midwest to pursue their dreams despite their doubts or fears. I want to encourage them to stretch their comfort zones and show the world their potential. I have a profound passion for the Joyce Ivy Foundation and I am excited to serve as an integral part of the Joyce Ivy Foundation team and share my passion with others.

Comments