Fellow Profile: Caroline Randolph, JIF '14

Hello!
        I am so ecstatic to be one of the many fine fellows for the Joyce Ivy Foundation! The JIF has been an absolute gift for me as I’ve approached the end of high school and the seemingly scary outside world of college. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and have my entire life. Both of my parents are teachers in the area, and I attend Greenhills School, an independent college-preparatory school at which I participate in theater, improvisational comedy, soccer, and tennis. My father works as a teacher at Greenhills, and I have him to thank for introducing me to the Joyce Ivy Foundation. Coincidentally, Caroline Kerr was one of his very first students, and has been connected with her ever since. My family has been fans of the JIF for a long time, so once I finally had the opportunity to utilize their wonderful resources, I took it! I attended a two-week program this past summer, August 2014, at Brown University, where I studied sketch-comedy writing and performing.


The Joyce Ivy Foundation has really helped me recognize my true passion for learning, and how capable I am of pursuing that love. Having the chance to study at such an excellent institution like Brown University allowed me to challenge myself academically, and creatively, while simultaneously being exposed to an intellectual world I had never been aware of before. It was absolutely exhilarating being a pseudo-college student: those two weeks alone allowed me to explore my own thoughts and ideas while also envisioning the future realistically for the very first time.


I am very honored to be a fellow for the JIF, for I believe that the values they promote as an organization are vital to helping young women succeed. Without this foundation, I wouldn’t have been able to have the intellectual epiphanies that I had at Brown! The JIF not only proves to young women that they are capable of pursuing what they love, but that they will soar to great heights while doing it.

I’m looking forward to working with the Joyce Ivy Foundation to help more young women pursue their passions and live their dreams!

Comments