Fellow Profile: Hannah McKolay, JIF '12, Albion '18

Hello!

My name is Hannah McKolay and I am originally from Milford, Michigan. I love the Joyce Ivy Foundation and everything it does to empower women and encourage them to broaden their horizons. I was a Joyce Ivy Scholar in 2012 and attended Johns Hopkins University as a high school sophomore. I attended Johns Hopkins for the 5 week term where I took Neuroscience and Religion and/or science, receiving college credit. The courses I took solidified my intentions to be involved in the healthcare field and attend a private liberal arts college. Currently, I am a freshman at Albion College where I am in the Institute for Healthcare Professions, Ford Institute for leadership in Public Policy and Service, and Prentiss M. Brown Honors Program. I am also an active member of Global Brigades and am involved in Greek life on campus. I applied to be a fellow so I can continue spreading the message of this wonderful organization. The impact the Joyce Ivy Foundation on my life has been extraordinary. I am on a full scholarship at Albion as a result of the skills I gained from my personal experience and general work with the foundation. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel towards this organization and how passionate I am about helping the next year of scholars. There are few foundations that are as noble and supportive as The Joyce Ivy Foundation, and I am thrilled to be a fellow this year. I can honestly say I would not be the same person I am today without the influence and support of the wonderful people involved in this organization.

Comments