Fellow Profile: Kendall Plummer, JIF '13

Hi, my name is Kendall Plummer. I am from Grand Blanc, Michigan and I am currently a senior at Grand Blanc High School. I am involved in student council, debate, the youth advisory committee, world culture club, NHS, and I am a former class representative. I am also an active volunteer in my community, as I volunteer regularly at the Genesee County Free Medical Clinic where I help to maintain the office. I also work in a home doctor’s office as an office assistant. Aside from my extracurricular activities, I love to run and play soccer.

I was a JIF summer scholar in 2013, and with the help of Joyce Ivy, I was able to attend Brown University to take a course in anatomy and physiology. The three weeks that I spent at Brown were some of the best weeks of my life. Not only did I meet new people and learn about cultures from all around the world, but I also learned a lot about myself. Before Joyce Ivy and before I attended Brown, I never thought that someone like me would be able to study at such a prestigious university, with so many opportunities. However, my eyes were opened, and I am looking forward to helping other girls realize the potential that they have as well. I look forward to sharing my experiences, as well as helping others create their own. As a JIF alumnae, I have remained an active member in the Joyce Ivy community. Last spring I helped out at the summer scholar gala, and spoke on the student panel. I am very excited to become even more involved with JIF, and I look forward to getting to know you in the coming year.  

Comments