Fellow Profile: Lauren Zielinski, JIF '14

Hello! My name is Lauren Zielinski and I currently live in Macomb, Michigan.
I am a senior attending L’Anse Creuse High School North as well as the L’Anse Creuse Math, Science and Technology Center.  Through the course of my high school experience I have been involved in Student Council and Student Government. Currently, I am serving as my school's Student Council President and the Student Body President.

I have had the wonderful privilege of living around the world. I was born in Heidelberg, Germany were I spent the first two years of my life.   My family and I then moved to the beautiful town of Anchorage, Alaska were I spent the next six years of my life exploring the last frontier.  After many years of seeing wildlife, camping, snowboarding and having awesome snowball fights my family decided to move once again.  We went from the snowy cold to the warm tropics and I found my new home in Honolulu, Hawaii.  The next two years were spent experiencing a new culture, swimming in the ocean and exploring paradise.  After our brief stay in Hawaii we once again packed up and moved. This final move brought us to our current home in a quiet subdivision in Macomb, Michigan. Each place I have lived has played an integral role in shaping me into the person I have become.

This past summer I was able to attend Brown University thanks to the Joyce Ivy Foundation. While at Brown, I attend the leadership Institute and studied Leadership and Global Engagement. The experience was truly life changing.  While at Brown, I was asked to develop an Action Plan that would serve as a catalyst for change in my community. While trying to piece together an action plan, I began to think about my own experience with the Joyce Ivy Foundation. My experience with the Joyce Ivy Foundation as well as their philosophy served as inspiration to my own action plan. My Action Plan was to create future female leaders through education. After the completion of my course I began to think of ways to put my plan into action; then an opportunity came in a form of an email from Joyce Ivy. This email provided me the opportunity, to put my plan into action as a fellow. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with all of you and serve this wonderful foundation.

Comments