Fellow Profile: Neha Sharma, JIF '14

Hey there! My name is Neha Sharma and I’m a senior at Twinsburg High School in Twinsburg, OH. I’ve moved around the country quite a bit, living in places like Boston, Orlando, and St. Louis. Instead of finding this continuous disruption jarring, I’ve enjoyed seeing different parts of the nation and learning about different people and cultures.  I’m extremely passionate about giving back to the community and several of my activities reflect that. I’m the president of the Interact Club in Twinsburg, a youth organization that collaborate with Rotary to undertake local and global initiatives that benefit different communities. I’m also the chairperson of the biannual Red Cross blood drive held at the high school. I’m a four-year tennis player and the captain of my team. I’m a member of Wellsprings for Change, a charity organization founded in Twinsburg that raises money to build wells to provide clean drinking water in different parts of Africa.
I was offered an amazing opportunity to spend the summer studying neuroscience at Cornell University. Unfortunately, I was unable to partake in this experience but applied my efforts elsewhere in a microbiological research internship. Ever since I learned about the Joyce Ivy Foundation, I’ve been hooked. I’m a firm adherent of the principles that this organization stands for and I’d like to help others in my situation boost their number of opportunities.  I’m absolutely thrilled to get the opportunity to work with this organization and with an amazing set of ladies to hopefully make an impact on others!

Comments