Fellow Friday: Mira Sanghvi


Fellow Friday: Mira Sanghvi, JIF '14

Mira on a recent vacation

Hometown: Northville, Michigan
High School: Northville High School
Intended Major: Economics and Business 

Why did you decide to become a Fellow?

Last spring when I received the summer scholarship, I remember thinking, "Alright, this is pretty cool". But then I went to the Summer Scholars Gala, I realized this was so much more. The Joyce Ivy Foundation represents the opportunity to succeed. Even more, I understood the amount of dedication that each individual member of the foundation put into this organization. I knew then that if I had the opportunity to work for the foundation one day, I would. Then I saw the Facebook post about the Fellow positions, and I decided to give it a shot. When I got the email a few weeks later letting me know that I got the job, I was ecstatic!

What is your favorite memory from your summer experience?

Although I ended up not spending my summer at Brown University, I still had a wonderful time at my summer internship at State Farm Insurance. There I worked as a financial services intern. My favorite memory was when I landed my first quote (it's like a first sale).

Why does the Joyce Ivy Foundation rock?

JIF gives you confidence and provides you with the understanding that you truly have the opportunity to make an impact wherever you go.

How did JIF affect where you are today?

JIF has allowed me to learn about places that I would never think about before. Now I know people from around the country and have made connections with individuals who have remained my friends. The Joyce Ivy community is so wonderful, and I look forward to staying a part of it.



Comments