Intro to Fellows: Jessica Chen

Hi there! My name's Jessica Chen, and I'm a Huron High School senior and 2016 Summer Scholar alumna from Ann Arbor, MI. In the summer of 2016 with a scholarship from JIF, I attended MIT's Women Technology Program as part of the mechanical engineering track, where I built a Rube Goldberg machine, worked on a product redesign project, and took courses in physics and design. After an amazing summer filled with karaoke sessions, aquarium trips, and 1 AM froyo, I not only bonded with 20 new friends across the world but also uncovered my interest in the intersection of art and technology. 

I (tentatively) plan on majoring in mechanical engineering and/or product design, but I'm also looking forward to where the future takes me after high school. Some of my activities include graphic design, choreographing to Asian pop, and leading Huron's Science Olympiad team. In my free time, I also enjoy baking, watching (too many) dance videos on Youtube, and trying to prevent my cat from sitting on my laptop.

Comments