By Shubhra Mishra
Application: Here. You need a letter of recommendation, an essay, a transcript, and a certification form signed by your counselor.
For the essay, you have to write 5,000 characters or lesser answering the following questions:
- Tell us why you chose to take blended/online courses? What issues or opportunities led you to select an online/blended option? (reasons could include academic, social, career-planning, circumstantial, etc...)
- How did taking online/blended courses, or being a part of a program where these were offered, impact any of the following areas (or beyond): engagement in school, academic performance, career readiness, personal development, social-emotional state, or other aspect of your life? Please be as specific as possible.
- How would you compare your experience learning in a traditional classroom and the time you spent in a blended or online learning environment?
- You are encouraged to share details related to your academic, personal, social-emotional, and other perspectives that led you to choose a different learning pathway while in high school, and ultimately, what this means for you now, and what you think that it will do for your future.
Award: Up to $5,000/$10,000 based on whether you attend a two-year or four-year school.
- Be a high school senior
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Complete 5 more more blended/online courses during the last two years of high school (this does not include online/hybrid courses taken as a result of COVID-19)
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
Deadline: March 16th, 2021 3:00 PM CST