By Shubhra Mishra
Application: Here. You have to write multiple essays and submit an official transcript for the first round. If you make it to the second round, interviews are held, and you are required to send two letters of recommendation.
- List 10 activities (similar to the common app)
- The vision of the 1 for 2 Education Foundation is to transform post-secondary education in the United States. The Foundation’s mission is to build a community of Scholars who are dedicated to being life-long learners and are committed to “pay-it-forward” by supporting the education of two additional students. Please explain how your values and goals align with the vision, mission and values of our foundation? Max 500 words.
- Why are you committing to paying for a comparable scholarship grant for two persons, who are not related to you by blood, adoption, or marriage, during your lifetime? Max 500 words.
- Our Scholars are goal-oriented with natural leadership tendencies. Given that you are young and are free to change your mind, and given your academic goals, discuss your short and long term goals in life. Max 500 words.
- Our Scholars lead because the opportunity adds value to their life. Leaders are people who influence/inspire/help those around them. Please discuss how you have influenced/inspired/helped people? Max 500 words.
- Our Scholars are resilient. Please describe a time that you encountered difficulties, that you did less than your best and failed. What did this experience teach you? Max 500 words.
- Please discuss additional thoughts or accomplishments that you would like us to know about.
Award: Varies — up to $25,000
- GPA must be at least 3.7 unweighted, 4.0 weighted
- HS Senior or college student
- Applicant must be living in the United States but is not required to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- The applicant’s chosen college or university must be located in the United States
- Agree to 1 for 2 Education Foundation Pledge
- Scholarship recipients are required to adhere the following pledge:
- In consideration of the 1 for 2 Education Foundation (“the Foundation”) making this scholarship grant I pledge to support the mission of the Foundation to build a community of scholars who are dedicated to being life-long learners by:
a) participating in the annual Foundation Gathering while receiving my scholarship,
b) supporting my fellow scholars’ academic and career goals during my lifetime, and
c) paying for a comparable scholarship grant for two persons, who are not related to me by blood, adoption, or marriage, during my lifetime