Fellow Profile: Genesis Bond Hollingsworth JIF' 21



Hello blog reader! 


My name is Genesis Bond Hollingsworth, and I am a current high school senior at The Madeira School in McLean, VA; However, I call Ohio home. In 2021, I was a Joyce Ivy Summer School and was accepted into the Yale Young Global Scholars program. During the two week experience, I took part in the solving global challenges sector of the program. I am currently a fellow on the Fellow Relations team and look forward to contributing to the Joyce Ivy Foundation. 


My interests mainly lie in the realm of equal rights. At the age of fourteen, I began working in my local NAACP office. Over the course of my three years with the organization, I gained first hand experience of the justice process and a better understanding of my community.  I became the right hand to the president of the branch and attended a multitude of meetings with fellow local leaders including judges, district leaders, as well as the mayor. I was also given the opportunity to speak at the annual Freedom Fund Banquet and become intermittent president of the local youth chapter. Under my management, I proposed methods to engage Gen Z in the mission of the NAACP and encourage community participation. Together, we successfully hosted an open event in our local downtown square with over 150 participants. 


In my free time, I consider myself a passionate Spotify playlist curator. I love making playlists for every mood and activity. I also enjoy exploring attractions solo, reading, and watching movies! 



Comments