Fellow Profile: Shubhra Mishra, JIF '20


Hi everyone!

My name is Shubhra Mishra and I'm a sophomore at Stanford University. I'm from Cincinnati. Ohio (and also originally India — I lived there until I was 11!) I am a part of Joyce Ivy's 2020 cohort. While I ended up not participating in a partner summer program, I've really cherished my time with this community, which is why I've worked with the Fellows tea, for the past two years. I'm excited to co-lead the Fellow Relations team with Himani this year!

Okay, now let's get to a fun list. Here's an unordered and incomplete list of things I enjoy: Baking with my friends. Drawing a picture a day. Biking without knowing where I am going. Going to the gym with my best friend. Trying (and usually failing at) Ted-ed riddles. Making and feeding my friends maggi. Going on walks with my parents. Laying on hammocks. Watching Gilmore girls. Eating Indian food (or any food, really). Hanging out with my friends. Sleeping (like a lot). Visiting my extended family in India. Making Spotify playlists.

Here's another (slightly less fun) list. Things I'm involved with in college: 

  • I'm the co-president of Asha, a club that organizes the Indian festival of Holi on campus as a fundraiser. Last year, we raised $80,000 for Indian non profits that focus on education!
  • I'm a writer for the Stanford Flipside, where I write satire articles about campus- and world-related events.
  • I'm doing Graph Theory research with Dr. Doug Shaw.
  • I'm a member of SWIMM (Stanford Women in Math Mentoring)!
I'm excited to write for this blog this year!

Comments