Fellow Profile: Taylor Lucas, JIF '21

                                                         

Hey there!


My name is Taylor and I am a current first-year studying at Cleveland State University (Go Vikings!). 


I was declared a 2021 JIF summer scholar and was offered the opportunity to attend Brown University’s pre-college program in the course of “Computer Aided Design and 3D Printing”. It granted me the exciting and experiential learning I would not have normally experienced in my high school career! Not only was I introduced to the tools used for projects in engineering and architecture, but I also had the advantage of meeting with many Brown University students, professors, and alumni. Being a part of the JIF community, 2021 Summer Scholars cohort, and 2022 Fellows Team continually empowers me every day. Now, as a fellow of the Fellow Relations team, I am honored to be paying it forward to the amazing JIF community, students and scholars! 


A little bit about me: I graduated from Cuyahoga Community College with two associate degrees at the time of my high school graduation. I have personally been involved with two amazing non-profits over the years: Flying Horse Farms Camp and the Arthritis Foundation. Both of which have provided me with life-changing experiences that have motivated me to live my best life. I have been involved within the Arthritis Foundation for the past 10 years as an active fundraiser and volunteer, the 2015 youth honoree, and a participant for the annual Arthritis walk and Case Western Reserve University's medical student program. I believe in the Arthritis Foundation's mission to empower people living with arthritis (such as myself) through education, research and community programs. I have served the past two years as a Walk to Cure Arthritis Event Committee Member, helping to organize and work behind-the-scenes in fundraising and recruitment event details. I also led the Walk to Cure Arthritis Youth Honorees Alumni Event as Captain. 


Some fun facts about me: I’m an avid tennis player and a huge fan of Rafael Nadal. When I’m not too busy watching Wimbledon matches or studying, I love doing anything creative, whether that’s painting, scrapbooking, drawing, etc! I also love watching scary thriller movies. I can (and will) talk about my favorites for hours. Feel free to reach out to me with any recommendations! 


I am so excited to get started in producing content to encourage, inspire, help, and inform all you readers! 


Until next time!


Comments